Here are THINK! we strongly urge local growth and developing locally owned business relationships.
Local First are the locally-owned, independent businesses that are the backbone of the Arizona economy. When you shop at a locally owned business, 45 cents of every dollar stays in Arizona – versus only 13 cents of every dollar spent at a national chain!
Why Shop Locally?
The Power of Choice
Every time you make a purchase, you’re exercising power of choice.
The choice is yours. You have the power to strengthen and enrich your community.
Did You Know…
- For every two jobs national retailers bring to a community, three jobs are lost as a result of local businesses closing down.
- When you shop locally-owned businesses, your money is re-circulated over and over and creates up to 75% more tax revenue to our community and state.
- Independent businesses raise the standard of living in your community because they take their profits and buy products and services from other local businesses, thus creating more and more tax revenues needed for the community to thrive.
- Millions of dollars of tax revenue subsidies handed to chains by financially-starved local governments drain even more tax revenue from our community and state.
- Blighted empty shopping areas are created in your community when chain stores re-locate to a more lucrative shopping center, or leave altogether. Literally hundreds of big stores are abandoned each year across the United States.
- Independent businesses are unique enterprises that contribute to the character of our community by offering a more diverse selections of goods and services.
- Independent businesses provide meaningful service with a personal touch. It matters to them that you are satisfied and will come back again.
- Carefully planned predatory pricing practices have allowed national chains to establish virtual monopolies as they drive local competition out of business. And then they raise their prices.
You can make a difference with a few simple steps
- Make a decision to find and patronize a locally-owned business, wherever possible.
- Dine at a local, independent restaurant and treat yourself to a unique and personal dining experience.
- When you shop online with out-of-state companies, it doesn’t contribute a dime to the local economy. So check for members who offer the same products, and some even deliver.
- Look for the Arizona Chain Reaction / Local First Arizona logo when you shop and tell other independent businesses about Local First Arizona.
- Use our business directory to locate businesses offering specific goods or services, or you can view a complete list of Local First Arizona member businesses and the categories in which they are listed.
- Tell your associates, family, and friends what is happening and why. We all create our communities. Let’s create strong and vibrant communities as a legacy for those who follow.
- Support Local First Arizona by donating, or join us as a member business or friend.
- KidStop Toystore
- Samurai Comics
- Changing Hands Bookstore
- Community Tire and Auto
- The Phoenix Zoo
- The Back Rub Company
- Spinato’s Pizza
- Cowboy Ciao
- Copperstar Coffee
- Souvia Tea
- Pop the Soda Shop
- Practical Art
- That’s a Wrap
- Green new America Vegetarian
- Schreiner’s Fine Sausage
- Tapino Kitchen and Wine Bar
- Four Peaks Brewery
- Terroir Wine Pub
- The Duck and Decanter
- La Grande Orange
- Urban Cookies
- A Desert Song Yoga
- Strawberry Mon
- and lots more!